Workshop themes / challenges
For each of the themed workshops, you will be competing in a group of between six and eight teams. One team will be selected to progress to the Final.
Bioscience and environmental science
For those attending this workshop, ideas should fall into one of the following themes:
- animal health;
- crop science;
- environmental change and hazards;
- global food security;
- healthy and safe food;
- industrial biotechnology;
- lifelong health and wellbeing;
- natural resources;
- soil science and agri-systems; and
- synthetic biology.
This workshop is hosted by GSK and Stevenage Bioscience Catalyst. For those attending, ideas should fall into one of the following themes:
- drug delivery;
- new tools for therapies;
- drug discovery;
- diagnostic tests and medical devices;
- healthy ageing; and
- diet and health.
Industry strategy challenges
This workshop will be hosted at the Innovation Park, Nottingham. For those attending, ideas should fall into one of the following themes:
- smart, flexible and clean energy technologies;
- robotics and artificial intelligence;
- satellites and space technologies;
- leading-edge healthcare and medicine;
- manufacturing processes and materials of the future;
- bioscience and biotechnology;
- quantum technologies; and
- transformative digital technologies.
Plant, microbial and environmental
This workshop is hosted by Syngenta. For those attending, ideas should fall into one of the following themes:
- improving biodiversity in a farmed landscape;
- more effective disease management;
- reducing usage of water, fertilisers, chemical inputs;
- sustainable food production;
- more effective pest control;
- sustainable liquid fuel production; and
- technologies transferable to smallholder farmers.